FOR YOUR GRAMMY®️ CONSIDERATION
Lavender Blues' sophomore album, "The Remixes Too", sets up our
littlest ones (AKA BUNNIES) for success with nine tracks that offer an
exciting new way for children to learn their ABC's and other languages like Haitian Kreyòl and Spanish. This inclusive, interactive project is for children of all ages. Creator and former nanny, Alex Louis-Jacques offers a unique fresh spin on old classics by adapting lyrics and adding rhythms inspired by the diverse world around her.
1. HEY LITTLE BUNNY 1.00
2. WHAT'S THE FEELING? 1:32
3. ARRIBA MEANS UP REMIX 3:12
FEAT. DAN ZANES
4. ABCS WITH LADY B 2.00
5. ALMOND MILK AND CAKE POPS 2:13
6. BUNNIES ON A RUG 2:17
7. THE KREYÒL SONG 2:02
8. AFFIRMATIONS INTERLUDE 0:22
9. POSITIVITY FLOW 2:36
TOTAL RUNNING TIME: 17 mins
1. HEY LITTLE BUNNY! Meet me, Lady B (aka Ms. Alex) and affirm that you can be yourself at Lavender Blues! Starting your life's journey with Lavender Blues helps prepare littles for school and a successful life!
2. WHAT'S THE FEELING? An emotional check-in song offering listeners to share whether they feel ready, excited, happy, rambunctious. We are allowed to feel what ever we feel! It also gets our Bunnies moving their bodies
3. ARRIBA MEANS UP "Arriba Means Up" is a fan favorite! Borrowed from friend and GRAMMY winning artist, Dan Zanes and adapted to my own style. Listen for his voice on the track!
4. ABCs WITH LADY B, is how we learn the alphabet at Lavender Blues! As a Nanny I always taught my little ones to read by teaching them the sounds before the letter names. It's proven to assist in the efficiency of learning to read. I turned it into a song long ago and am excited that I had a Bunny able to join me on this track proving to the grown ups that it's not that tricky.. a 3 year old can do it! Turning it into a REMIX was a challenge but with the help of my producer Trevor we managed to change the cadence of the original ABC song.
5. ALMOND MILK & CAKE POPS, my spin on the classic "Rain Drops" with Brooklyn-infused lyrics. For the past year or so it has been my absolute most favorite song to sing in class with a group of singers!! I had to make it a REMIX for the album for the sheer fun of it.
6. BUNNIES ON A RUG, not only is this tune a total bop, but it tackles racism too by offering a new cadence as well as changing the problematic lyrics in on the racist nursery rhyme, "5 LITTLE MONKEYS".
7.THE KREYÒL SONG, I sampled a Kompa beat to honor my ancestors. Get up, sing and dance repeats over and over in the language of my father (Haitian Creole)
8. AFFIRMATIONS INTERLUDE, I began a daily practice of affirmations 2 years ago and believe it has changed my life for the better. Children repeat what they hear so I decided to put some affirmations on the album for our Bunnies to repeat.
9. POSITIVITY FLOW, When this song is sung in class it has the power to transform the energy of the room. I want to bring that same feeling of going from grrr to ahhhh to folks beyond the classroom!
Lavender Blues' album, "The Remixes Too," goes beyond pure entertainment. It's an educational journey that will captivate young minds in daycares and schools everywhere. "This album combines musical enjoyment with valuable learning experiences."
"Lavender Blues has also outdone herself with the incredible song
"Bunnies on a Rug." This heartwarming track delivers a delightful musical experience and offers a fantastic alternative to the outdated and insensitive children's song "Five Little Monkeys." It's time to embrace inclusivity and joyfully sing along to "Bunnies on a Rug."
- Uncle Devin at WEE Nation Radio.
Alex has worked with children for more than 15 years as a nanny, an early childhood educator and entertainer. She offers in-person classes for babies, toddlers & their families, produces Lavender Blues LIVE for her YouTube channel, performs at private and public events and has expanded her reach by recording & releasing two albums with original music.
As Lavender Blues, Alex (ASCAP, Recording Academy™ Member) has headlined the NYC Buddy Walk in Central Park and performed at Brooklyn Academy of Music, Brooklyn Public Library, and holds a residency at the New York Public Library.
She is also the producer/filmmaker/editor for Lavender Blues LIVE.
RECORDED at Lavender Blues Studios, Brooklyn NY | PRODUCED by Trevor
Vaz. | MASTERED by Ryan Schwabe | All songs WRITTEN and PERFORMED by
Alexandra Louis-Jacques (ASCAP), except "Arriba Means Up" written by Dan
Zanes | VOCALS: Alexandra Louis-Jacques | BACKING VOCALS: Tamika Charles-Sims, Stacie Louis-Jacques (Tracks 2, 6, 9) | GUITAR: Trevor Vaz (Track 6) | FEATURED VOCALISTS: Sterling Charles-Sims (Track 4), Dan Zanes (Track 3) |
ARTWORK: Hannah Krueger
“Bunnies on a Rug” is my version of “5 LITTLE MONKEYS” Not only is this tune a total bop but it tackles racism too!
“Bunnies on a Rug” is a deliberate revision meant to eradicate historical racism that was intrenched in the original version. I incorporated my own branding and changed “Monkeys” to “Bunnies.” Unfortunately monkeys was also a revision someone else made, that still held racist undertones.
I encourage my students and fans that now that they know better, to not only do better but to share what they’ve learned with their own community.
Next time you hear someone singing “5 Little Monkeys” now that you know better I challenge to not only do better but to inform and educate your peers and community to do the same! Teach them all about “Bunnies on a Rug”
“Bunnies on a Rug” is track 6 from my album "the REMIXES too"
Lavender Blues, the REMIXES too